What is Meditation?
Meditation is the technique of training the mind to reach the highest level of consciousness.
It is the technique which is designed to promote relaxation, build internal energy or life force and develop compassion, love, patience, generosity and forgiveness.Meditation is practiced among many religions which is aimed to clear the mind and ease many health issues, such as high blood pressure, depression, and anxiety.
It is said that when the mind becomes free from agitation, is calm and serene and at peace, meditation happens.
How to do Meditation?
The goal of meditation is to focus and the mind, eventually reaching a higher level of awareness and inner calm.
1. Choose a peaceful environment or Room.
2. Wear loose comfortable clothes
3. Sit in a comfortable position like sukhasana or padmasana.
4. Close your eyes
5. Concentrate and follow your breath.
6. Empty your mind of any negative thoughts or emotion.
7. Sit in this position for 15 minutes daily and increase the time gradually.
Benefits of Meditation
1. Calms the mind
2. Clarity of perception
3. Improved communication
4. Enhances creativity
5. Improved intelligence
– See more at: http://www.premanandyoga.net/Ashtanga-Yoga/Dhyana-Meditation/Meditation/English-Meditation#sthash.nyt62Ng1.dpuf