How to do Padmasana?
Padmasana is a basic seated yoga posture. It can be simply sat in a crossed leg position with both ankle kept on the opposite thighs. Benefits of doing Padmasana.
1. Stretches the ankles and knee.
2. Keeps the spine straight.
3. Helps develop good posture.
4. Eases menstrual discomfort and sciatica.
5. Stimulates the spine, pelvis, abdomen, and bladder.
- Do not practice any Asana OR Pranayama in which you don’t feel comfortable.
- Do not over do the exercises if you feel pain in your body.
- Start exercises mildly and then increase the repetitions as per your capacity.
- People suffering from Back pain, Slip disc OR chronic disease should only practice Yoga and other exercises under the expert supervision otherwise do not do it.
- Pregnant women should only practice Yoga and other exercises only under the supervision of an expert otherwise do not practice any exercise by watching videos or website material.
- People with Slip disc should avoid all forward bending exercises while sitting OR Standing.