How to do Vrikshasana?
1. Stand straight and keep your feet close to each other.
2. Now bring your right feet and keep it on your left thigh.
3. Try to make a right angle.
4. Now join your palms and bring them to the middle of your chest.
5. Your arms should be slightly bent.
6. Stand straight, look in the front and be relaxed.
(Practice it 10-15 times)
Benefits of doing Vrikshasana
1. Improves balance and stability in the legs.
2. Strengthens the ligaments and tendon of the feet.
3. Assists the body in establishing pelvic stability.
4. Strengthens and tones the entire standing leg, up to the buttocks.
5. Builds self-confidence and esteem.
1. Do not practice any Asana OR Pranayama in which you don’t feel comfortable.
2. Do not over do the exercises if you feel pain in your body.
3. Start exercises mildly and then increase the repetitions as per your capacity.
4. People suffering from Back pain, Slip disc OR chronic disease should only practice Yoga and other exercises under the expert supervision otherwise do not do it.
5. Pregnant women should only practice Yoga and other exercises only under the supervision
of an expert otherwise do not practice any exercise by watching videos or website material.
6. People who suffer from high blood pressure should not raise their arms overhead, therefore they should minimize Vrikshasana.
7. Avoid Vrikshasana if you are suffering from headache and insomni
- See more at: http://www.premanandyoga.net/Teacher-Training/Standing-asanas/Vrikshasana/Vrikshasana#sthash.4QvzyWBX.dpuf