How to do Makarasana?
- Lie down on your stomach and keep your hands below your chin with elbow straight on the floor.
- Start moving your legs up and down from hips to the floor alternately.
- You can also try this with your both legs.
Benefits of Makarasana
- It reduces thighs and hips fat.
- It relaxes the muscles of the body.
- It helps in treating hypertension.
- It helps to cure heart diseases.
- It helps in relieving tensions of the body and mind.
Repetitions for doing Makarasana
(7 – 15 times on a daily basis)
- Do not practice any Asana OR Pranayama in which you don’t feel comfortable.
- Do not over do the exercises if you feel pain in your body.
- Start exercises mildly and then increase the repetitions as per your capacity.
- People suffering from Back pain, Slip disc OR chronic disease should only practice Yoga and other exercises under the expert supervision otherwise do not do it.
- Pregnant women should only practice Yoga and other exercises only under the supervision of an expert otherwise do not practice any exercise by watching videos or website material.
- People with Slip disc should avoid all forward bending exercises while sitting OR Standing.