How to do Salabhasana?
- Lie down on stomach, keep your hands below your thighs and raise your legs upside.
- You can practice this asana with alternate leg and both leg as well. You can also hold as per your comfort.
Benefits of doing Salabhasana
- Provides strength to lower back muscles.
- Helps in firming your buttocks.
- Helps in reducing lower back problems.
- Helps in flexibility of spine
- Reduces thighs and hips fat.
Repetitions for doing Salabhasana
(7 – 15 times on a daily basis)
- Do not practice any Asana OR Pranayama in which you don’t feel comfortable.
- Do not over do the exercises if you feel pain in your body.
- Start exercises mildly and then increase the repetitions as per your capacity.
- People suffering from Back pain, Slip disc OR chronic disease should only practice Yoga and other exercises under the expert supervision otherwise do not do it.
- Pregnant women should only practice Yoga and other exercises only under the supervision of an expert otherwise do not practice any exercise by watching videos or website material.
- People with Slip disc should avoid all forward bending exercises while sitting OR Standing.